Aims of the course
The aim of this course is to give carers the knowledge and skills required to administer emergency first aid to a casualty until the arrival of the emergency services.
This course is aimed at managers and all staff. This is a yearly update course and is only valid for this specific environment. We will look at first aid kits held locally and the principles of CPR.
Carers will undertake an assessment at the end of the session.
- The legal boundaries with regard to first aid
- Placing a casualty in the recovery position
- Session includes choking, fits, bleeding and more
- Practical session with a manikin to assess learners understanding of CPR
- Understanding policies and procedures
On completion of this course the attendees will have covered these topics along with a number of others.
Duration / number of attendees
2/3 hrs and a max 15 attendees or to suit your venue.