Aims of the course
The aim of this session is to help carers understand the essentials of food safety when preparing and storing food.
This is not only aimed at catering staff but all staff that come into contact with food. They will leave this session understanding the principles of food safety, and how to prevent food contamination.
Carers will undertake an assessment at the end of the session.
- Recognise and avoid common food hazards
- Why/how we need to keep work areas clean and tidy
- Food contamination and the symptoms
- Food storage and hand washing activity
- Understanding policies and procedures
On completion of this course the attendees will have covered these topics along with a number of others.
Duration / number of attendees
2/3 hrs and a max 15 attendees or to suit your venue.