Aims of the course
We aim to update and refresh learners with the essential knowledge and skills required to safely move and assist not only residents but also inanimate objects, in order to avoid injury to either party.
The course is suitable for all care home staff.
During the session a practical session will be carried out using the equipment used locally. An assessment is also used to check understanding.
- Legal regulations and boundaries with regard to Manual Handling
- How to check all equipment is safe for use
- Communication between carers and resident
- How bad techniques affect you
- Moving a person with privacy and dignity
- Company policies and procedures.
On completion of this course the attendees will have covered these topics along with a number of others.
Duration/ number of attendees
2/3 hrs and a max 15 attendees or to suit your venue.